Skip to main content

Kiala Greens



 Kiala Nutrition Greens and Superfoods Powder is a controversial greens powder that comes in many flavors. Kiala has dubbed itself the “best tasting” greens powder blend out there. I choose to look into Kiala Greens, because at least once a day I get sponsored advertisements for this green powder, while scrolling through TikTok. TikTok is the only app I had seen an advertisement for Kiala Green’s on before, and every time they show up it’s always an influencer advertising for this green’s powder.

Kiala Greens is a blend of “superfood” ingredients designed to help your heath. While looking into the ingredients in Kiala Greens I found it interesting that their label is not broken down into much more than whats in it, and what a serving size is. A key component to this that many dieticians have spoken out about this, there’s no way to tell how much of these dehydrated greens are actually in the powder, and lack of backing to how their product supports the claims in health benefits from this product.

I began my dive into Kiala Green’s by a look on their website. Kiala claims “Our greens support gut health, reduce bloating, boost energy and immunity, and promote clear skin! WHAT’S THE BEST WAY TO MAKE MY GREENS? Add one scoop of greens to a glass of cold water, mix/stir well, and enjoy!” Their website did not contain a whole lot of information; it included the claims I inserted above, their products and an option to buy the greens, reviews, and a few pretty uninformative FAQs. I also found it funny, because a section of their website says TikTok’s Favorite Greens, with an inserted picture of some of their reviews from TikTok. 

Next I went over to social media (TikTok and Instagram to be specific). Here’s where I saw a variety of mixed reviews. There was a ton of sponsored ads and comments talking about how great this greens powder product is. There was also lots of unsponsored videos agreeing with how great the product has worked for them, and tons of people in the comments saying the same thing. But there was also many mixed reviews. Amongst the bad reviews the majority I saw was dieticians doing an overview of this product, and warning people it may not be all that it claims. 

Their marketing team does a good job engaging customers on social media by doing things such as giveaways, polls, daily reminders, staying updated on social media trends, and promoting the product through social media. They work with many influencers and known people all TikTok to advertise the Greens powder. 

All and all I’ve seen more positive posts than negative on Kiala. Although I think Kiala needs to add more information on this product. On social media they would reply or like positive reviews on the brand, but often with questions or negative comments there were no responses. It would be nice to see more responses such as to some of the questions I’ve attached, especially since they don’t even include answers to such questions on their website, and those are important things to know.

Some questions I along with other customers have asked are; Does this product contain sugar? How much caffeine does this product contain? Is it safe for pregnant women. How does the green powder give these gut and health benefits? Does this product contain any prebiotics, probiotics, or enzymes?

Their marketing is very in your face, and lacks a how or a why. It’s very clearly stated throughout all their social media, WHAT the product was, so when researching, I was hoping looking into this product and going to their webpage I could find out more information, but I felt it lacked that. I would like to know why they began selling this product, and how it actually helps with everything they claim! If they could provide me with the information on how this product does all these amazing claims, I could see this being a product I would be interested in. But for now I’ll pass.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction

 Hello! My Name is Jasmyn Merica, and this is my blog! I’m originally from a small town on the Oregon Coast, followed by my first year of college spent in Bend, OR, and shortly after I made the move to Corvallis, and have resided here since. I’m currently majoring in Healthcare, and hoping to soon be accepted to Linn Benton’s Diagnostic Imaging Program! I also am interested in small business, which led me to enroll in a marketing, as well as an entrepreneurship class here at LB! In the past few months I’ve taken up jewelry making and wire wrapping, and have began to sell some of my product. I’m hoping while taking these courses I will be able to apply the knowledge and skills I learn towards my jewelry business! When I’m not in school or making jewelry at home, you can find me camping, snowboarding, at the river, traveling, or shopping! I love to be outside and spending time with my friends and family. Until next time! -Jasmyn Merica

A Look into Tito’s Marketing

      Hello all, and welcome back to another post on my marketing blog! Today I want to do a deep dive into the brand “Tito’s Vodka”. Tito’s has been a brand I’ve seen everywhere, in grocery stores, liquor stores, friends and families pantries, bars, restaurants, ect… So my question is where does their marketing issue come from, if they are such a popular brand?  I initially started by going straight to the source, I pulled out my computer and did a quick google search bringing up Tito’s website. On their website everything looked great! The home page gave me history on the brand, and what makes them unique, another click on their page bringing me to find out “ What’s in the Bottle”, Recipes, an option to buy the drink, as well as a tab for merch. Their website is easy to navigate, laid out very simplistic, yet informative, and they even cover the “Why, How, and What” factor of marketing .      A bit about Tito’s; Tito’s is a Vodka brand that was first crafted in Austin, Texas in 1995.